Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Home game

Played in a home game for the first time in a long time. Many of the scheduled players had expressed interest in playing a tournamnent. We only had 8 folks respond, so I'm thinking a nice SnG would work fine.

I used the structure from www.HomePokerTourney.com, $20 buy in, T1000. Rebuys during the first 4 levels, and 1 $10 T600 add-on after level 3.
Total pot ended up at $180, split 50, 30, 20%.

We had five show up. Dom regaled with his Vegas trip report from the previous weekend, where he sobered up enough to realize that the huge stack he was playing blackjack with was black, and worth over 17k. He ran it up to 20k before going on a huge wealth redistribution program, and giving money back to the house. Dom turned out to be a decent player, using position well. He also kept the table running as smooth as possible.

Sumit quickly put Rob on tilt with his play, sucking out on many occasions. Rob bought back in twice. After winning one big pot and becoming the big stack, with about T3000, Sumit would overbet the pot 5xBB PF, and scare everyone else out. When Rob called him down, Sumit would hit his 2 pair and take the chips.

Bryan was trying to do his best Moneymaker impression, but betting wearing sunglasses while you blush just doesn't work.

Eventually I had a hand I felt I could the S-man down with. Pocket K's. Sumit had been playing alot of face-x, so I was pretty sure I was good.
blinds are 25-50, Sumit comes in at 200. I re-raise to 400. He calls.
Flop is 9xx, no Aces. He raises 200, I reraise to 800. He calls. Turn is an Ace He checks. I raise 500. he calls. River is a 9. I'm all in. he calls, and flips over a pair of 2's. Sweet.

This was 4 or 5 times as much fun as Party, and I made more money, up $60.

Rob managed to calm down, and fight his way into 2nd. Finish was me, Rob, Bryan, Dom, Sumit.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home