Friday, September 17, 2004

NL vs Limit

I’ve had a few horrible .5/1 sessions, where every hand worth playing ends being second best. Some were bad calls on my part, not giving the other player credit for hand ( not that they had showed anything but garbage before anyway.)

I keep trying to tell myself it’s just variance, but a red 4BB/hour over 1500 hands hurts.

After reading about some of the success others (SirFWALGMan) have had at the 25NL ring games, and thinking about my performance at 5/1 and 10/1 SnG’s, I decided to give the NL game a try.

First thing I noticed, suckouts are MUCH more rare, since I can make it far too expensive to just keep calling.

Second, I can easily trap myself, and really need to pay attention to the other players, and not WSOP. When a LAG just calls a pot sized raise, look out. It’s NOT a sign of a weak hand.

Over 4 sessions, about 6 hours of play, I’m up nearly $50. Part of this is just playing tight, with a little fear, and being aggressive with good hands. Part is having the deck just hit me hard for a bit, with a couple of maniacs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home